Baked Potato; A Simple Brunch
A Quick and Simple Delicious Baked Potato
A baked potato is a quick and easy brunch option whilst still being healthy. You might notice in my recipes that the measurements are sometimes a bit vague; as long as you don’t go too mad on the cheese in this recipe it’s still healthy. I have some super nice oregano Olive Oil that I use in everything, if you can find some it’s delicious!
1 Baking Potato
2 Slices of Ham (roughly chopped)
1 Big Dollop of Garlic and Herb Light Cheese spread
Sprinkle of Light Grated Cheddar Cheese
6 Baby Plum Tomatoes (halved)
A handful of Curly Kale
2 tsp Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Pepper
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (for dressing the salad)
- Prick the potato with a fork a few times rub with 1 tsp of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and dried/fresh rosemary. I tend to use dried rosemary for convenience.
- If you’ve got time, put the baked potato in the oven at 190° or gas mark 5 for 1 hr 30 – 2 hrs. If like me you’re normally quite pushed for time, put the jacket potato in the microwave on full for 10 – 15 minutes depending on the size, turning over at the halfway point.
- As in the picture, you can see I sliced my jacket slightly different but it’s up to you how you slice it. Once sliced, drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the Potato.
- Mix together the cream cheese and ham (leaving a little ham aside) and spoon into the gaps of the potato. Press the tomato halves into gaps also and sprinkle with the grated cheddar. Finally top with the left over ham, place onto a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of curly kale dressed in apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
These jacket potatoes are delicious and filling. You could make them in advance and warm them up at work, the garlic and herb cream cheese makes the whole dish extra tasty.