Cutting down on your favourite foods is tough when you’re trying to lose weight. Blueberry muffins normally contain hundreds of calories but they’re too delicious to completely cut out. Instead of cutting them out, try these healthy muffins from SparkRecipes.
This recipe’s secret weapon is the apple sauce. It keeps the muffins moist without the added calories of butter. In addition, the cup measurements and use of a blender make this recipe foolproof.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries/mixed berries
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with fry light and preheat oven to 350/gas mark 4.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Add applesauce, sugar, eggs and water.
- Mix until just blended.
- Add in blueberries.
- Bake at 400/gas mark 6 for 25-30 minutes or until tops have lightly browned.