Yummy Berry Oaty Healthy Breakfast!
A Yummy Berry Oaty Healthy Breakfast!
I never have enough time in the morning to make a nutritious, healthy breakfast so I end up having a cereal bar or sometimes nothing. The answer of course is preparation. By doing this easy recipe the night before it gets rid of all the morning stress and it will easily keep you full until lunch.
The best thing about mason jars is how versatile they are, you can pack them with whatever you want.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a mason jar, a bowl will do just fine (the mason jar just looks fancier). So this is possibly one of the easiest breakfast recipes I have done yet but it’s delicious and it has oats in it so win win.
All you need to do is firstly fill your mason jar with the oats. I just use good old fashioned oats because they are my favourite. Next pile on your yoghurt, in my opinion just natural low fat greek yoghurt works best but just use your favourite yoghurt. Finally pile on the fruit. Frozen berries were my fruit of choice because they go perfectly with the yoghurt and oats.
Now you just put the lid on and put in the fridge for the morning. Before eating I like to give it a good shake to mix all the ingredients together. When I took this to work, everyone was impressed by how prepared I was! To be honest I was pretty impressed too.
- 1 cup of oats (50g ish)
- 1/2 cup of low fat Greek yoghurt (125g)
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen) (80g)
- 1 tsp honey
- Get yourself a normal sized mason jar or just a medium sized bowl and pour in the oats.
- Next add the greek yoghurt. I just use normal average low fat greek yoghurt but Vanilla would be yummy too
- Pile on the berries; I use frozen ones because they thaw out overnight and are gentle on the wallet compared to fresh ones.
- Drizzle with honey and screw on the lid.
- Leave it in the fridge overnight and you'll have a delicious breakfast for morning. I like to give it a good shake before I dig in.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.