Poached Egg on Toast Perfect Every Time
Poached Egg on Toast: The Easy Way
Poached egg on toast is both satisfying and filling. Poaching eggs can be quite difficult but there is a knack to doing them right. Sometimes just the thought of making them can put anyone off. Basically it is a lot of faffing about and if it goes wrong then you have to start again because those yolks should be runny!
The easiest possible way to cook a poached egg is in the microwave! All you do is break an egg into a jug add a knob of butter, cover with clingfilm and microwave for one minute. It’s really that easy! When you add toast, mustard and a sprinkle of cheese, it is divine. If you’re short on time in the mornings then this is the perfect recipe for you!
- 1 egg
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 slice multi-grain bread
- 1 teaspoon multi grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- Break an egg into a microwaveable jug, add a knob of butter and clingfilm.
- Pierce the clinfilm a few times with a cocktail stick
- Microwave for about a minute but keep checking to make sure it hasn't cooked too much
- Meanwhile toast the bread and when it's ready spread the mustard over the toast.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the egg.
- Dollop some extra mustard on top too.
- Serve with a nice hot coffee
Contact me through my Twitter if you tried the recipe.