Homemade Skinny Cinnamon Latte for Cold Winter Days
Skinny Cinnamon Latte is a Bit of a Mouthful
If you enjoy cinnamon lattes but you’re watching your waist-line then this is the perfect recipe for you. Costa does a delicious skinny cinnamon latte which is perfect for winter but with this typical English weather you don’t always feel like trekking to Costa.
This would be a nice coffee to wake up to with a bowl of porridge before work. It could also make a nice after dinner drink. When you are not quite full and fancy something else without the extra calories of a dessert.
Assembling The Latte
You can use instant coffee to make the espresso because it’s easier and everyone has instant coffee in their cupboard. To start, use your favourite mug to measure how much milk you need and pour into a jug with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and whisk slightly. Cover the milk and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. While the milk is in the microwave, mix together a teaspoon of instant coffee with a tablespoon of hot water and half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
When the milk is ready whisk for a couple of minutes. Once your milk is frothy; pour it back into your mug. Top with the coffee mixture and then sprinkle with even more cinnamon.
Now you have a delicious tasting beverage and the lovely smell of cinnamon lingering in the air.
If you don’t like cinnamon you can mix it up by replacing the cinnamon with vanilla essence, honey or simply have the latte on it’s own with a cheeky mince pie.
- 1 mug of Skimmed Milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee (I used Nescafe)
- 1 tablespoon of Hot Water
- Slightly whisk together 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and the milk in a jug and then microwave for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the coffee, hot water and the other 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Once the milk is hot, whisk until slightly frothy and pour into your mug of choice.
- Pour the coffee concoction into the milk.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
For an alternative to cinnamon add a tsp of Vanilla essence and for a vegan alternative make with coconut milk instead.