Summer Salad with Blueberries for Busy Days
Simple Summer Salad
A ham, summer salad with added blueberries to jazz it up. It can be hard to stay healthy when you are short on time but you can make this the night before and take it to work with you. This salad is surprisingly filling and it even looks delicious. Save the chips ‘n’ cheese for the take away at the weekend. This is a perfect no regrets lunch unless you have it with a cheeky glass of wine.
A cheese and pickle sandwich would accompany this salad nicely.
- 1 Cup Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Spring Onions
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Sweetcorn
- A Handful of Blueberries
- 2 Slices Ham
- Light Soy Sauce
- Snip the Romaine Lettuce into thick rough chunks and chuck in the colander
- Take the outside leaf off each spring onion and cut diagonally also with the scissors and add them in with the lettuce
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and blueberries.
- Give it all a good wash with some cold water.
- Roll up the ham length ways and cut into strips.
- Assemble in a bowl and drizzle with soy sauce.
Tip: Replace the ham with roasted vegetable couscous for a delicious vegan option.