The Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever for Pancake Day!
It’s Pancake Day!!
Pancakes are amazing at any meal, not just breakfast. Annoyingly I only tend to have pancakes on pancake day. They are one of the most underrated breakfasts there is, people think they don’t have time or don’t have a pancake recipe so they don’t bother. Don’t worry pancake fearers!… I have the perfect 3 ingredient recipe for you. Lets face it; pancakes only need 3 ingredients any others are a bonus.
My Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezey Pancake Recipe
So as I said, my pancake recipe has 3 ingredients: flour, milk and an egg. You don’t even have to use any scales because I measure everything in cups. So stop being lazy, don’t buy the premade pancake batter (Yuck!) make your own instead! Here’s a picture of my amazing 3 ingredient pancake batter.
- 1 Cup of Plain Flour
- 1 Cup of Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 Egg
- Add the flour to a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Mix together the egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk and egg to the flour and whisk.
- At this point you want a nice smooth batter with no lumps; if there are lumps either keep whicking or cheat and get an electric whisk.
- Spray a non stick frying pan with fry light (I like the butter one for pancakes)
- Add 1/2 cup of the batter and once the pancake is solid flip it.
- Cook on both sides until a nice golden colour
Optional toppings can range from honey, lemon, fruit, tomato or even chili. I like to add a spoonful of cinnamon to the batter for extra yumminess.