Berry Smoothie: The Ultimate Breakfast
Personally, I think the easiest and quickest breakfast you can possibly make is a smoothie and this berry smoothie is both delicious and healthy. I was quite happy when my boyfriend got a Nutribullet for Christmas (for anyone who isn’t sure and is slightly confused, it’s a blender). It is so amazing and easy to use, you just put whatever you want into the plastic cup and blitz it for a minute and you have a smoothie already in a plastic cup you can take to work with you. Here’s a picture incase you’re still confused by the bizarre name.
Nutribullet’s recipes are a bit odd, they all contain something that’s green like Kale or Spinach so it turns your smoothie green but that doesn’t look or sound appetising.
This berry smoothie is the first thing I ever made in it and it was delicious; the ingredients are pretty easy to come by in fact you’ll probably already have them at home. This smoothie can easily be modified, banana is delicious especially with honey and apple and cinnamon are a great combination too. Anyway here it is, my first ever smoothie recipe:
- A handful of mixed berries (I use frozen)
- 1 tbsp low fat greek yoghurt
- Skimmed milk
- A few ice cubes (optional)
- Even though I've been blabbering on about the nutribullet, any blender will do and depending on how cold you want the smoothie, if I have time I leave the frozen berries overnight to thaw.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blitz for a couple of minutes until there's a smooth texture. I didn't put a measurement for the milk because I like to just fill to the top with milk so it's up to you.
- I use ice for a bit of added crunch but you don't have to.
- Poor into a nice glass and add a straw.
If you don't like skimmed milk just go for semi-skimmed milk or maybe cranberry juice.
Do tell me if you try it and like it or if you have any ideas that could improve it. This was my first attempt at a berry smoothie so I think it went quite well.